Saturday, November 18, 2006

Local Celebrity Sighting

Yesterday I went to lunch at the Tibco cafeteria. Tibco Software is across the street from the building I work work and we also have some engineers in another neighboring building to Tibco in the same campus. Regardless, it's the nearest corporate cafeteria and it's not half bad - they use organic and sustainably farmed produce and meats.

Anyhoo - back to the sighting....I hear a voice behind me of a man saying "man, what do I want to eat for lunch today? hmmmmmmmmmm" I turn around and OH MY GOD! IT'S ROGER CRAIG!! I had read an article about Roger in Runner's World Mag awhile back talking about how he is now running marathons and he compares the training programs for marathons to football practices - very interesting article and he comes across as a really cool guy as well.

Back to my story: So I keep staring at Roger Craig in the cafeteria - THEN I get self councious that I may be confusing any large african american man with a football player so I try to see if he is wearing a company ID badge. He has one attached to his belt loop so as I stood in like to chicken tamales, I basically stared at Roger Craig's crotch in an attempt to read is employee badge...confirmed it was Roger Craig - super duper exciting for my friday lunch experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty Crazy! Love that guy! I got to meet him in the locker room when I was 12 after the Niners blew out the rams 48-0.

He was the most friendly and said "Did you see me out there kid?" I didn't mention that I was named "Craig" too; I was too star struck.

Wow..love that article. I used to run at Edgewood all the time. I can't believe he shoots out at 6:30 Pace and ends up at 3:50