Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sweat, Sweaty Singapore

Holy moly it is humid out there! Temperatures in Singapore were in the upper 80's with 90% humidity. That's right, my afro puff was not only in effect, I was shiny sweaty the entire time I was there.

What is that you say? It is not a urinal on the floor...but a squat down toilet. Since one was available, I decided to give it a try. When in Rome....

Foodwise - nothing interesting happened there for me. I was looking for something distinctly Singaporean, but everything was fusion. This place is apparently the meeting place for all things asian. I have never seen the entire asian spectrum from yellow to brown crammed into a single place like that before. Quite the eastern melting pot.

I did eat dragon fruit though, and am enamored with it. I am now on the hunt to find it in here in the states. It was interesting to learn that it is a form of cactus fruit.

1 comment:

Chester said...

Ah. A cactus fruit. That make so much sense.