Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dude, it's a dell

I bought a new computer today. It is currently in the process of being "born" at Dell. As much as I love my ASUS W5, it has been about 3 years since I purchased it and I have all but filled the 40G hard drive to it's gills. And since I have a laptop from work, I figured...why not go and commit to a desktop. Pictured above is the 530s ("s" for slim) model Inspiron from Dell...apparently my hatred of fat extends to my computers as well.

I cannot believe how huge this thing is...the advances in the components are frightening. For example, my hard drive is the standard option...but that 320G. Really?? How the hell am I going to fill that?

4 comments:

Chester said...

You had more reasons for upgrading than just the hard drive, right? You could've just swapped in a new, larger drive for ~$100 or added an external drive for around the same $.

Betty said...

I was ready for an overhaul and wanted to go desktop because there are more component options because you're not limited as much in size.

Here are the basic specs...i can't believe how cheap this thing was. Literally it was less than 1/2 of what the ASUS cost me 3 years ago.

-- Intel® Core2 Duo Processor E6550 (4MB L2 Cache,2.33GHz,1333 FSB)
-- 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2DIMMs
-- 320GB Hard Drive

Chester said...

Well, it should be less than half...laptops are in a totally different pricing category.

What're you gonna do with the old W5? Give it to Sam?

Betty said...

Sam already has the old Dell laptop of mine. That 10 pound beast desktop replacement so he's good.

I'm sending the laptop to Jana so the nieces can share the laptop.