Friday, January 13, 2012

O-M-G

It's official Chammy is engaged! I almost don't believe it...it's my baby brother...sometimes I still he him as a 5 year old with a bowl cut jumping off the furniture all over the house. And now, he's engaged to be married...holy crap...he's getting old :)

But really, I am esctatic and we all love Chelsea. And already the wedding planning madness has begun. I am trying my best to be helpful without being pushy because it's their day, the beginning of their new chapter together.

Above is the ring...or as I like to call "The Damage" It took me a whole year to convince Sam that rings are not as expensive as he thinks they are...I mean they are not as cheap as a gumball ring...but it's not as though you have to sell a kidney either...but I realize that I've just laid out the largest possible range so um, whatever.

It was really a wonderful thing to get to be a part of the process...of watching Sam grow up, fall in love and come to terms with his adulthood to realize that Yes Chelsea is the partner he wanted and Yes he was ready for the next step. Watching him buy the ring and tell me about how there's no other person he'd rather go through all of life's stuff with but her brought tears to my eyes.

Family is really a blessing...and my brother and I have always been pretty close, and I've always wondered if we'd drift apart as adults because people get married and start having babies and then you just start having less time for things outside your new nuclear family. But I am happy to report that we have instead just folded in all the new family members, friends and all into just a bigger, happier and closer family. This is only the beginning of more beautiful things.

hugs - sis

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

anndddd i just cried reading this... love you, soon to be sis! :)))))