Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dinner at Oenotri

Service was deplorable but the food was heavenly. That is the chocolate budino with olive oil ice cream...I had no idea olive oil could be so amazing as ice cream!!!! Wow eyes fully opened now.

Onto service - I have never been more insulted at a restaurant before in my entire life! A large party was waiting for a table and we three of us were sitting for about an hour and a half enjoying our dinner... And while we were still waiting for a dessert to be delivered, the hostess comes up, offers to comp our desserts and give us a gift certificate if we'd move.

I could see the group waiting and I felt bad for them so I was happy to accommodate....BUT they didn't have another place set up for us - and she aggressively pushed comps/gift cert as if I am purely motivated by a discount. I responded "I don't need your money, I want the dessert I ordered..." the rest of the experience was a train wreck leaving us standing around in the bar area finishing our meal standing up - appalling. I wanted to write the GM to complain but getting that idiot fired means she will show up at another place I want to eat at...so instead I'll just vent here and be done with it. In he end she tried to buy us off for $20 - I don't need your discount. What I want is the enjoyable experience I paid for with my hard earned money you idiot.

No comments: