Sunday, October 01, 2006

Bridge to Bridge

Ran the Bridge to Bridge this morning with Forrest as a last big "practice run" before the San Jose Rock and Roll half marathon next weekend. I think I may be done with the organized races for the year...but I dunno, I may want to do one more :) Linh has been talking about running the CIM in Sacramento this December because she really wants to get a marathon under her belt. Hollis is thinking of running that one to use as a qualifier for Boston. I think we should just all go together :) I looked it up, CIM is a full marathon only - I don't think Ill be ready for the distance this year...but who knows?

I am pretty excited about my pace - I'm getting faster.

1 hour 16 minutes total (9:35 average)
Per mile times
1 = 9:17
2 = 9:40
3 = 9:41
4 = 9:22
5 = 9:22
6 = 9:13
7 = 10:00

I don't know where this whole 9 minute business is coming from but it's kinda crazy. I felt pretty good too - I feel like I could have run faster, but my legs started to give out after mile 6, hence the slow down.

The best part of this run??? 20% off coupons for Sportsbasement. Forrest and I hit up the Mission Bay one later in the afternoon and came home with lots of jackets....

No comments: