Monday, October 15, 2007

F*@K, SH#T

Last week I was on the road again...off to Phoenix and Houston for a series of seminars around our company's products. I don't have to go, but I like to go because it gets me out there talking to the people and it helps to reset my assumptions. Also, it is really one of the only opportunities to get outta the office so it's tends to be a nice change in scenery.

I traveled quite a bit at my previous company as well so sometimes I miss being on the plane....

that is until, my wallet was stolen in Houston - EEEK

I'm not sure if it I lost it or it was stolen because there are two potential instances in which it disappeared and I'm not sure which one because I can't clearly account for the time in between. The last time I had my wallet in my hands was around 2:30pm to buy some soup for lunch. Then later, after our seminar was over...I went to grab my bag and noticed it was missing...when I found it, it was around the corner from the registration desk (where it was originally residing) and now missing one wallet - containing all my credit cards and identification and cash.

Effectively I was stuck in Houston.

I have received TONS of "advice" on what other people do to avoid these scenarios. I will admit, I don't care to hear about it because I realized those precautions were what I needed to start doing - also, telling me what I "should" have done, doesn't make my shit re-appear, three states to the right.

Anyhoo - after many phone calls back and forth to Forrest, we finally got everything squared away - my passport arrived with a wad of cash via FedEx the next morning and I was headed home.

Once at the airport, I learned that my flight was delayed two hours....once I finally boarded, I took a two hour nap to learn that we were still grounded....once we were on the runway, we learned we had engine trouble....once we were airborne, we had a medical emergency....but ironically enough, my plane was chock full of doctors and medial assistants on their way to San Francisco for a conference.

No comments: