Sunday, May 11, 2008

"They can smell the korean on you"

On our way to a Mother's Day lunch, we stopped to get some gas. What you don't see is that the car in front of us is full of Koreans...HOMELAND Koreans. Not your garden variety immigrant koreans who walk among us and understand what's going on - but the kind that are pure tourists and can't figure out how to pump gas at the gas station.

They asked Forrest for help by saying "ex-a-cyoo-sah-me" which means "excuse me" trying to get his attention. He then goes over there and I notice some discussion and then some smiling and head nodding...interesting.

He then cruises back to the car, opens the door and laughingly says to me "there are some Korean tourists there who need help if you want to help them." I declined and Forrest called ma"a hater." Once all back in the vehicle, I stated that it's not wierd for them to ask the whitest man at the gas station for help because "they can smell the korean on you....they were confused and thought you were one of them."

No comments: