Friday, May 02, 2008

Working from home

You know, it's not so much the price of gas (as I drive Honda) as it is the drive itself. I hate the act of driving with every fiber of my body. I quite enjoy being in the car, but just as long as someone else is driving. I think it is the requirement to pay attention that makes me crazy.

Sometimes I take Caltrain and sometimes I carpool...and that helps quite a bit. I know it sounds stupid but I feel so "urban" when I take public transportation like the train or BART. I'm such the suburban schmuck.

So lately, I have been working from home more frequently, trying to average about 2 days a week in the home office (which is really the same room as the living, dining and kitchen). But it makes for a great two second commute from bed to my desk. It's great because I get a ton of stuff done - all the copywriting and content reviewing to my heart's content AND some laundry in between!

The only downside is the sheer and utter loneliness. Sometimes, if I work two days straight at home I don't actually ever make it out of the building...making me a little stir crazy. Forrest will come home from work and I hover around him...because it's the reaction of "OMG - it's a person - eeeeek!!!" It's quite pathetic how lonely I get at home by myself for just 9 hours. Even though when I go into the office, I don't really socialize with anyone anyways.

There's no point to this post really, I just wanted to share...

No comments: