Monday, July 14, 2008

Almost a Fraud Victim....EEK!

So I got the craziest phone call today...
They said they were from our car warranty company and that we could renew our warranty…

They went through this whole schpeel, said it would be only $2,695 but if I bought today, they would knock $500 off the price… AND that there were different financing options so I could downpay whatever amount I wanted now…and call back with the rest.

So my first inclination was to ask for documentation of the warranty benefits before I moved forward because this guy was talking WAY too fast. But before I asked that....

It got squirrely because I said “I need to talk to my husband tonight about it and get back to you…besides I never received any notices from you guys that I could renew my warranty…”

They say “sure no prob, talk to your husband and call us back”

I say “great – what is the phone number”

They say “hold please”

And then they hang up.

I tried calling back the phone number from my caller ID…and guess what? It’s an invalid phone number.

TOTALLY CRAZY - I have never had that happen before.

No comments: