Sunday, July 20, 2008

H&H Reunion 2008

It has been two years since the last H&H Family Reunion and this time around, I'm a member of the family...the last time I was a "special friend" attendee. H&H stands for Henry and Hildegard, who are Forrest's maternal grandparents - so at this reunion, it is my mother in law Pat and her siblings; Steuart, Shirley, Deannie and their kids, grandkids and even some great-grandkids. The picture above has 38 people in it and what is even crazier is that 30 people are missing!!!

This year's reunion was hosted at the YMCA of the Rockes in Winter Park Colorado...about 2 hours west of the Denver airport. So it's near Vail and Breckenridge ski resorts.... The place was massive and there were tons of outdoor activities to do and really, I wouldn't mind going back there again.

The only thing I could pass on is the altitude... I have never experienced a sickness like that before in my life. We arrived in Denver at 1pm and around 5 am the following day, while I was sleeping, I was awoken by a splitting headache and could not go back to sleep...then to only make matters worse, I lost my lunch from the nausea. GROSS. The vomiting only happened once, but I fought the headache all weekend and then started to get bloody noses - not awesome. But I am happy to report that I am back to normal after having returned to California on Sunday.


You too can kill a raging tyrannasaurus rex during the group archery lessons!








1 comment:

"Tae's Mom" said...

YIKES... sorry to hear about the sickness. Water water water and taking everything super slow. You are such a lowlander!