Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! It's a Kangabration + Forrest in the picture above. In looking at that picture closely, I am just realizing how much I resemble my mother....I just have a MUCH larger head than she does. So a New Year's Day celebration is part of the Korean culture...I always just associated it with the soup...but there is an element of housecleaning the night before, waking up on the new year, putting on new clothes and celebrating with a feast of specific foods with friends and family. So this year, I took over the ship and hosted the celebration and invited some friends and family. Next year we will definitely be expanding to include more people as we will have more space.

Sam petting my growing belly. The topic of my weight gain is top of mind with the family and a point to leverage in making jokes and discussion these days.


Just lazing around the Fotel waiting for the food to be ready....Forrest and I realized that we only had one meal on New Year's Day....that's not that much food but honestly we weren't hungry - that's how much food we ate during that period...lol.


My mom...probably trying to boss me around in the kitchen (just kidding) but really, check out my super cute rice cooker in the foreground?

No comments: