Sunday, November 01, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Molly emo came over one night and we got to carving all those freaking pumpkins. In a recent neighborhood pumpkin patch silent auction, I made the mistake of WAY overbidding and came home with 3 pumpkins. Forrest later explained to me the mechanics and strategy around a silent auction....How the heck am I supposed to know these things?

Anyhoos..the carving was quite a fiasco because I had forgotten how tiring it is to scoop out the pumpkin guts and literally had some lactic acid buildup in my one arm and wasn't sure if I was going to need medical assistance to make it through the night. Beyond that Molly and I were commenting on the sad state of pumpkin carving utensils....and our mini saw tools both broke in the course of our carving party. We had to bring out the regular kitchen knives and then were glad we didn't start carving with adult beverages - trip to the emergency room averted.


All done - don't our pumpkins look thoroughly spooky? OMG - I cannot wait to go Christmas tree shopping!!! Holidays are so much more rad with kids around.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emo Emo said...

So cute!

Malibu Betty said...

Emo - we need to find some carving supplies now i think to stock up for next year.