Saturday, November 14, 2009

On the road...

Thank goodness our nanny sends me pictures of Donut during the day while I am traveling. Forrest also sends me pics and videos of Donut too. All these things make me feel a little better while on the road.

My jobs within the last 6 years has required some amount of travel. In the past it was for events and tradeshows so it was a lot of traveling. In recent years it was infrequent but about once a quarter I got on a plane for one thing or another. They were always opportunities for me to meet new people, check out new places and eat local fare. Lately though, it's not the party it once was. I don't know if all this climbing the corporate ladder is all it's cracked up to be...hahahaha because at 8pm I am in my hotel room working away for the next day's worth of meetings and tearing up the town. Has motherhood softened me? Nah...it has just made me appreciate sleep all that much more.

I've been on something like 15 planes in the last month and one more business trip to go...New York tonight through Tuesday. After this I should be set for a a few months on the work travel. I miss my family the minute I walk out of the house - ack!

Forrest has been such a champ - single parenting for weeks.. And with the help of my brother, our respective parents and our fabulous nanny, we're able to make this all work. I cannot wait for the holidays = time off!

1 comment:

"Tae's Mom" said...

have a good trip. I know how Forrest feels. :)