Friday, June 18, 2010

And we have sprouted!

Yesterday (Thursday) I noticed some green starting to show up in our little planter box. At first I thought we might be molding as it is rather damp in the city all the time but NO - it was sprouts! Our little seedlings have sprouted. In less than a week no less.

No lettuce yet but the argula and radishes have sprouted and I am excited to see how quickly they grow. Hopefully this little experiment goes well and this can be a year round thing for me and Donut to do together. I do really wish for the day we have a 10x10 raised planter bed where we an grow almost all of our veggies together and she can learn where her food comes from.

more sprouts...

If I could have my way I would live off the grid and raise my own livestock too.. I am DYING to have a few chickens. Don't get me wrong, I am not a crunchy granola bear - I just LOVE food and it tastes better when it's super fresh and grown miliseconds away from you...it's true. Once it's been plucked, it only continues to get less tasty as it travels. With regards to how you could possibly profile me...I'm more of a off the grid, "don't tread on me" type - conservative bent, self sufficient and government leave me the F alone....ha

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

LOVE IT! and you and me both, wishing for the 10x10 planter....