Monday, June 14, 2010

Re-greening of my thumb...


Last year nothing really lived...except for the lemon tree and some indoor herbs (2). I was all ambitious about gardening last summer since I was going to be home on maternity leave but that was all crazy talk. I spent most of my time indoors because well they were re-roofing our complex, then doing other construction stuff and really with a newborn, I wasn't really just hanging out outside. This year I vow to be different! Also, now Donut has outdoor toys she can play with while I futz with the garden...so fingers crossed the tomatoes, lettuce and root veggies all take off!



Everything is in pots because we're not allowed to plan anything directly into the soil here in the Presidio. Being a national park and all they apparently don't want my vegetable garden hanging around in it...



3 comments:

Chelsea said...

looks great! ohhh i am excited to see how the lettuce turns out! i have never tried it before! :)

Betty said...

Chels - I have seeds if you are interested in some for your gardening....lemme know

Chelsea said...

ohhh maybe... i am moving out of the place in the presidio and after that would love to experiment with the lettuce! i have a few seeds i can share with you too! :)