Friday, April 04, 2008

20 hour flights - movie time

I usually spend my flight time catching up on my reading but nay nay my friends...this time I caught up on my movie watching! With free on-demand movies on a 20 hour flight to Singapore, I could hardly contain myself and decided to watch as much as I could...it is amazing I got any sleep. Here's a list of the movies I watched on the plane...
  1. Enchanted
  2. Juno
  3. P.S. I Love You
  4. I Am Legend
  5. We Own the Night
  6. Golden Compass
Enchanted - SUPER CUTE is all I gotta say. Predictable in the way that "Disney" cartoon movies can be but the twist of having it take place with live people and clashing the Disney life with real live New York made for funny scenes.

Juno - Very witty writing bringing to life the intricacies of a few different families coming to grips with their current situation. Still totally love Jason Bateman even though he was a total douchebag in this movie.

P.S. I Love You - Gerard Butler is hot - hands down no question that he is a hottie. Hillary Swank should not be in any romantic comedy EVER AGAIN. Storyline was cute and the movie was entertaining, but sadly I couldn't get over how un-cute Hillary Swank was in the movie.

I Am Legend - I didn't really know what the movie was about when I decided to watch this and it was a poor decision on my part because this movie was fucking scary. Will Smith does a great job basically being the lone actor for most of the movie (reminded me of Castaway) but shit man, the subject matter was just too creepy for me. I kept turning down the sound and shielding my eyes.

We Own the Night - Overall great movie, very entertaining....but it opens with Eva Mendes lying on the couch with her hand in her panties. I will admit I was a little uncomfortable and hoping there would be more people in the movie. Thankfully Joaquin Phoenix entered the frame as well.

Golden Compass - Similar to Stardust...I only got to watch half of the movie and I liked it enough to watch to watch the rest of it. I totally did not get the anti-Jesus message in the movie. Maybe I am dense but I just didn't get it.

I think I watched another movie in there but I can't remember anymore.

No comments: