Friday, April 04, 2008

Edible Treats in Singapore

These pics are from the Lau Pa Sat Market in the financial district of Singapore. It's an open air food court of sorts and is filled with every imaginable edible asian item in these stalls. When we stopped by it was too early for lunch and we were still too full from our breakfast buffet. Didn't quite make it out there again during the rest of the week -- will have to hit it up the next time I am out there.

I LOVE DRAGONFRUIT!!! I can't get enough of that stuff and can't seem to find it here in the states either - so alas, I am all full of this yummy fruit as I leave Singapore but will be going through withdrawl for the next few weeks.

Overall the cuisine wasn't earth shatteringly new to me. Growing up in a Korean household exposed me to some smells, flavors and ingredients that would seem strange to a western palate but when in Asia, my palate almost seems to vanilla. This place is bubbling over with all kinds of Asian food - I am at this point ready for a good american style pizza and hamburger to balance out all the seafood, rice and noodles I have consumed this week.

No comments: