Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Welcome to the Windy City!

That's the orb in Millenium Park in downtown Chicago. The thing is HUGE and is a mirrored bean sitting in the middle of this beautifully manicured park between the city and Lake Michigan. Chicago is one of my favorite cities in the entire world.... I'm no jet set traveler but I have been to my fair share of places in the world and Chicago is my favorite. It has all the wonderful architecture of an old city plus the dramatic skyline, throw in lots of outdoor space with the parks and the lake, lots of history and culture, a diverse population, active industry and TONS of great food make this place a wonderful place to be. Now if I could just do something about those sub-zero winters and I would move in a heartbeat--wait, the lack of any relatives nearby is another knock against the place but otherwise I can't sing enough of it's praises.


Obligatory couple photo in front of the bean.
Photo of our reflection....we thought the skyline looked pretty funny all bent and rounded like that.
A view from from the underneath the bean looking up. We took three days off and headed out to Chicago for a few days in desperate need of a little R&R. Tom and Angie, my friends from Michigan, trekked it out to meet us for the weekend and we proceeded to eat, cruise around town and do lots of relaxing.

No comments: