Monday, November 17, 2008

Being pregnant is hard

Holy crap...this is no joke, being pregnant is hard. I had no idea that it would be this uncomfortable or tiring...and I'm only 14 weeks along. Don't get me wrong, Forrest and I are super duper excited about expanding our family to be a total unit of 3, 4 or 5...we haven't decided on the final number yet. But the process of adding that kid is a long and painful one.

People don't usually talk about how bad the morning sickness really can be...and I guess you can't quite understand until you go through it. And the fatigue is so amazingly strong that I have passed out at my desk in the middle of typing an email...hilarious. The "baby brain" is awesome too...when all critical thinking, problem solving, decision making skills and memory go out the window. There are times when I walk into a room and then cannot remember why I am there. Not being able to decide what to eat...that's challenging as well...since I am so hungry. The physical changes are the most dramatic. I am about 50% weaker than I used to be and so I can barely lift a bag of groceries out of the car. Couple that with the fatigue, nausea and the forgetfulness and well, basically I shouldn't be let out of the house unsupervised.

It doesn't help that I am the most impatient person on the planet. And instead of being emotional and erratic, I am less emotional than before (if that is possible) and less social. I am keenly aware as to how "cold" I must seem to people when talking about my pregnancy. It's not that I don't love our donut...I am just not retardedly giddy about it every second. I dunno...my impatient self is just too busy researching day care and pre schools. And to be honest, other people's enthusiam is starting to freak me out...not from those close to me, but acquaintances at work and stuff - those people are freaking me out. Like....just because we sit 2 cubes down from each other doesn't make us BFFs for us to gab on and on about 1. being pregnant and 2. for you to give me loads of unsolicited advice or judgement on whatever I am doing. It's wierd...all these random people wanting to hug and touch...eeek. I hug my friends and stuff but I'm not the most touchy person so having random people do that freaks me out.

OMG being pregnant is turning me into a loner wierdo....lol....
As if having my butt grow and start eating my pants wasn't enough :)

No comments: