Monday, July 06, 2009

Back to running, sort of...

While in Sea Ranch, I decided to get back into running (or well, really slow jogging...) because if I am going to run CIM in December, I better get my butt back in shape now!

So it all started with a 20 minute jog on Saturday...and on Sunday and Monday. I am not going by mileage yet since my mile time is horrendous, but I am going by total time so I can build up my endurance. (for those dying to know...it took me 20 minutes to run about 1.5 miles)

So one week of 20 minute runs, then the following week it will be 20 - 20 - 25...then 25 - 25- 25 and 25 - 25 - 30...all the way up until I can run for 60 minutes straight. Then I'll switch things up a bit so the mid week workouts will focus on my getting a bit faster so I can regain my 10 minute milke before pushing on the distance again.

No comments: