Friday, March 17, 2006

Aviationally Challenged

I seem to notice that I face many more delays and cancellations and mishaps on the road than the average traveller. Maybe I am the one out of a whatever number traveller that happens to always cross paths with an irate hotel attendant or mother nature with her snow storms. Regardless, I am faced with interesting challenges when traveling for business or leisure...

Namely, here are some things I noticed while on the road last week....
  • At O'hare airport, I walked past a girl puking into a garbage can with a cell phone positioned neatly at her ear...heaven forbid she stop her conversation to toss her cookies
  • The amount of time spent on planes last week is greater than the requirement for a part time job at the Gap.
  • I was repeatedly told "NO" by a Delta ticket agent by the name of "Bigot" while in the midwest (funny, if not ironic)
  • I think I prefer my own cooking to a vast majority of food available for purchase
  • I should know that crab dip in Cincinnati really means fishy smelling warm mayonnaise
  • Solo cab rides still creep me out....no matter what time of day or night
  • I love my new noise cancelling headphones...huh? what? did you say something?
  • Flight delays are my curse
And finally, I am strangely drawn to this transient life of living out of a suitcase. If I had no compelling reason to ever come home...I don't know if I would outside of visiting friends and refreshing my wardrobe

No comments: