Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Business Travel V2.1

First trip with the new company...3 city seminar tour. There's a total of 21 cities and each Marketing manager takes 1 track of cities to act as site manager. My citites included Toronto, Chicago and Cincinnati -- one night in each city then off to the next. Right now I'm sitting in my hotel room (sober) and blogging. If this had been my former company, I would be out at the bars with my coworkers tearing up the town...but I would also be coming back to some roach motel so the company can keep the costs down.

I'll trade in the extra few pints for a big name hotel chain room anyday.

1 comment:

Malibu Betty said...

Although what I do miss is the commraderie that I had with my former coworkers..especially when we traveled. It was just like a regular night out with friends - and just as fun...

Instead..now, I am sitting alone in ahotel lobby, blogging and wondering if my flight will be delayed through Chicago. I've eaten every meal alone which I don't mind but there's something inherently more lonely about it when you're traveling for work.