Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shamelessly pregnant

To stay comfortably in shape, I have been swimming....having long stopped running (back in Feb) due to increasing pain in my pelvis from all the added weight and the separation that is apparently starting (hint: not comfortable). So after weeks of not being able to put on my socks or lift my legs, I decided to quit running for the time being and dive into swimming. Pun definitely intended.

Thankfully my regular swimsuit still fits because it's a 2 piece and doesn't have to worry about how to accomodate my belly. And as another funny thing is my pancake butt has not grown a single inch outward so in fact, after the back fat came in...I am actually FLATTER on the backside. Literally there is a straight line from my shoulders to my ankles - HA! Combine that with my ever protruding belly and it looks as though I am brought to you by the letter "P"

I realized I am not one of those people that find pregos extra beautiful....as I am sometimes kind of grossed out by the sheer proportion of some of my body parts. I am amazed at how fleshy my arm pits have gotten, oftentimes looking like a engorged labia instead of just an armpit - gross. And then the belly seems to just be oozing out from all sides these days. It is getting uncomfortable too - I think I much preferred the 2nd trimester where it looked like I was just merely smuggling produce under my shirt.

No comments: