Sunday, June 25, 2006

But Which Holiday

Last night was my company "holiday party" at the de Young museum. By holiday I mean it's supposed to be a winter holiday party but instead we can say it's for independance day..haha. I gotta say I like the inside of the de Young WAY better than the outside of the de Young museum. The party setup was different rooms with different food / beverage themes. There was a cuban themed area in the outside tent. There was a indian food room with mojitos and 2 white guys playing indian music. The observation deck area had a bar and seating for some lounging....

I find work parties interesting because it's just an odd dynamic. These are people you spend roughly 1/2 your waking hours with on a weekly basis, your shared interests are work and the things you do together at work. You then proceed to have a social event and invite significant others..and alcohol - shake and see what spills out. Some slightly awkward social conversations, some REALLY drunk people and lots of people who just don't bother to show up.

I had a nice time and I think Forrest did too. We were definately not the really drunk people and the conversations that we did have were relatively easy. The food was pretty stellar.

No comments: