Sunday, July 02, 2006

Gary Danko

Friday night Forrest and I headed over to Gary Danko for dinner. The word "YUM" does not do this place justice. I have been counting down the days for 2 months for my reservation date to arrive....and at long last it is here. My only regret is that I didn't have a camera with me to take pictures of the food :(

What did I eat???
  • Seared Foie Gras with Bing Cherries (2 gigantic seared pieces!! woooo hoooo!)
  • Maine Lobster with Mashed Potatoes & Chantrelles (creamiest mashed potatoes ever!)
  • Cheese Course (yes, i almost cried)

What did Forrest eat
  • Corn and Arugula salad with tomato vinaigrette
  • Lamb with curried chickpea
  • Cheese Course
  • Coconut Bavarian with Pina Colada Sorbet and Mango Tapioca

Thought I was too full after the cheese course...but alas, I mad room to steal half of Forrest's dessert. The mango tapioca was pretty f-ing awesome. The cheese cart at GD is pretty amazing...it's a mobile cart of solid, semi solid and runny aged milk products... the stinker and gooey-er the better. The ghedder (goat cheddar), ice cream blue, p'tit basque and runny orange rind chese were the top cheese of the night.

Prices are deceiving inexpensive...with 3 course meals starting at $61. The thing is the wine pairing is more expensive when you opt for the coursed meals instead of prix fixe. Regardless my belly was happy.

No comments: