Monday, October 24, 2005

Best Swag Ever


This is the race swag I received for participating in the race...gotta love the tifanny's necklace AND the dri-fit shirt from Nike. So this race was an effort by Nike to get more women out there running..hence "women's" marathon. We all know there are plenty of races out there and also plenty of super competitive men out there already running in them. Well there are equal numbers of chicks wanting to run or whatever without the fear of being bowled over by some super turbo male competitor.....so..time elapses and this race is born. I liked it - and it was nice to run with my DG girls who also participated in the marathon.

Funny story..at the end of the race when I was trying to maneuver out of the cluster fuck of humanity. I overheard these two ladies saying how "insulting" it was that they have a massage and pedicure station at the end of the marathon. It is apparently insulting to think that women want to be massaged and pampered. uh, ok. But the funniest part is how immediately after, she says "by the way i'd run this again for the Tiffany's necklace"

To quote Forrest "like one stereotype is better than the other" really - what a dumb b#@$!.

1 comment:

Malibu Betty said...

As cool as the NikeMarathon Tiffany's necklace is...I really like the runner girl charm, nothing beats losing my Tiffany's virginity to the LVH earlier this year on my birthday...you can see the "b" in the photo