Friday, October 21, 2005

Taking one for the team

Last night was our final softball game of the 2005 season. The Ligers finished poorly with a 2 to 18 loss against the AMI scrappers. We were WAY outmatched as every woman on the other team was able to hit a nice line drive and catch a decent fly ball. They should be playing at Twin Creeks. Or maybe the Ligers should just be playing slosh ball every week....hey, at least we have fun.

During the 4th inning, I was covering third base and a guy from AMI Scrappers was up to bat. He swings and cracks a fast grounder right at me...so I charge the ball and put my glove down to catch it. It then proceeds to bounce, hit my wrist and then hit me in my left chest just under my collarbone. It sorta knocked the wind out of me, then made my gag reflex go haywire.

Today it's bruised...not black and blue...but very sore.

No comments: