Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Book Review: In Her Shoes

Molly sent me a few books in the mail as part of our joyous little book club. What we do is, buy books, read them, them pass them along to one of our girlfiriends. I think I may want to semi-formalize it a bit so we all end up with some passed around books. As I can attest, a book addiction is mighty expensive.

I just read In Her Shoes on the planeride over to Dallas on Monday. It was "interesting" It's not quite a chick lit type of beach read. It's about 2 sisters, one super hot and shallow and one homely but smart and kind. There is some general sisterly tension, some taking advantage of the other person and one seriously fucked up revenge action. The rest of the book is about the homely girl finding love and the shallow one finding meaning in her life. I think there actually might be too much going on here in this book, but I'm not sure. I was relatively entertained...entertained enough to read other books by this author. AND entertained enough to watch the movie....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should read her other books - they are great! The same type of humor and fun books to read. The ones that I have read are:
LIttle Earthquakes and good in bed

I have them if you would like to borrow...

Anonymous said...

I also liked Good in Bed, actually, much better than In Her Shoes.