Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sports & Champs

Upon flying into Dallas, TX last night, my coworker Jeff picked me up and we headed straight to Champps (not a typo, it has 2 p's) so Jeff could watch the Houston Astros play while I ate my first substantial meal of the day. Mind you it's aobut 7:30 pm and I haven't eaten...I was not a happy camper upon arrival. AND apparently I had aquired a tapeworm while in transit because I ate the following:
  • Cesar Salad (it was a Texas sized "side" meaning it came on a dinner plate)
  • 12 oz Steak (the mashed potatoes it came with were lovely...creamy and buttery)
  • NY Cheesecake (it was literally about 6 inches tall...like those desserts at Flames, only EVERYTHING in Texas is that big)
  • 5 bud lights (over the course of a few hours)
And that's not all...after I got to the hotel and into my room, I shared a pizza and cheesy breadsticks with Trish before going to sleep. And for pete's sake, I was actually hungry this morning. It's kind of discgusting how much I ate.

BUT - My Peyton worked his magic and beat the Rams..albeit they allowed 28 points to be scored against them..ugh. And a new NFL record was achieved..the pass/receiver touchdown combo, where Manning and Harrison just beat out Young/Rice with 86 to the previous 85 touchdown completions. Now THAT's what I'm talking about - and the whole undefeated part.

No comments: