Monday, February 27, 2006

My love of Jello


It goes without saying...I love all things gelatinous. That includes jello, custard, flan, pudding, panna cotta, dim sum egg custard...what else. I don't know what it is about the semi-soft foodstuffs that I find wonderful, but I do. Maybe I am prematurely geritatric and preparing myself for the day I must eat without the aid of my teeth.

I always knew that I loved the gelatinous goodness...but didn't know how deep seeded that love was. Tonight my mom told me a story about how I used to go into my uncle's deli and when asked what I wanted to eat, I would just point to all the different flavors of jello. As if mixing green, red and purple jello would constitute a balanced meal. Also at buffets I apparently used to just return with a heaping plate of jello. Only when not allowed to eat the jello would I actually eat solid food.

I was being told this story while appropriately eating a cup of jello.

No comments: