Thursday, February 23, 2006

Triathlon Kickoff

So here's a recap of what the triathlon training looks like for me, Forrest and Hiroko..
  • Sunday: Run then Swim (or vice versa) right now it's run 20 minutes and swim 10 minutes*
  • Monday: Optional Strength Workout (meaning you should do it if you're not being a huge vagina)
  • Tuesday: Run then Swim (it says optional run or something like that but once again, unless you're a douche you would probably do both)
  • Wednesday: Cycle for 1 hour in rolling hill terrain (like around my office)
  • Thursday: Strength Workout (lift weights in some organized manner)
  • Friday: Run then Swim (one of them is optional)
  • Saturday: Cycle 2 hours
*I'm sure the time period gets longer as the training progresses, but I haven't read that far yet on the calendar.

I switch the Thurs and Fri workouts around because, well, I may have shit to do Friday night and jumping into a cold pool isn't really one of them. I was talking to Julie today about how much cycling is part of the triathlon training routine and my teammate Dave asks the question "So when do you eat?" Good times - there will be lots of eating :)

5 comments:

Malibu Betty said...

you're totally over analyzing the use of the work vagina and douche. I am merely echo-ing Sam terminology for comedic value.

Anonymous said...

Wow...since my training schedule is in my car that's been in the shop for two weeks, I guess I can officially classify myself as a 'douche'. It may be time to finally buy a bike...

Malibu Betty said...

uh, yeah. I think it's about time to buy that bike. Hurry up so we can go riding around my work neighborhood :)

you could also start riding to the train station, then biking from the trainstation to work

Malibu Betty said...

she's a mountain biker...definately not a road cyclist. She's not like a super hard core Craig Chinn type of MTB-er but definately prefers the knobby tires to our lycra madness.

Anonymous said...

I love being called by my first name...