Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Comedic Value - David Alan Grier

Friday night Forrest and I went to Cobb's to see David Alan Grier formerly of "In Living Color." Dude is still funny, if not surprisingly a lot older than I thought he was going to be.

Funnier still was the first comedian to open for the evening...a local dude by the name of Shane Wang (I think)... He is chinese and had a funny racial comment...

"When I was young I wanted to be white, to do all the things that white guys did...you know,
Like listen to black music....date asian chicks....get tattoos of chinese characters..."

another bit about how his roomate would comment on a young lady he'd bring back to the pad to romance...

"Shane, she's OK...but you could really do better"
"Thanks, I really appreciate that - but, better isn't trying to do me"
"Better is trying to do Best. So I'm alright with just doing OK"

No comments: