Saturday, September 06, 2008

Cupcake Meet Up - Justin Herman Plaza

Before
After
I went to a bay area cupcake meetup this afternoon where a bunch of other cupcake enthusiasts met each other, many for the first time. The idea is to bring one dozen cupcakes and you'll get the oppotunity to swap cupcakes with others and leave the event with one of each other delicious goodness. I had been super excited and nervous about this event. Forrest's coworker Cheryl is the organizer and she used to have the most popular cupcake website on the internet!

I baked a batch of passionfruit lime cupcakes (one of my best to date) and headed over. In the car I practically had a meltdown... I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but as I get older it seems that I am becoming more and more socially retarded and uncomfortable with the idea of meeting new people. Maybe I am spending too much time indoors, alone, in the kitchen. Forrest was trying to talk me off the ledge too...

After a harrowing 3 seconds of walking around Justin Herman Plaza trying to find them - I noticed a half gallon of milk sitting on a concrete curb and headed over. It was all relatively painless and my anxiety quickly seemed silly.

No comments: