Friday, September 19, 2008

Dinner at Restaurant Charlie

As part of the week long stay in Vegas, four of us "foodies" at work got together to stuff our faces with some high end grub - we ended up choosing Restaurant Charlie, the seafood focused outpost of famed chef, Charlie Trotter based out of Chicago. The service was reminiscent of my experience in Chicago...fluid, expectant and professional without being too formal and making one feel very comfortable as if almost visiting an old friend's home for a meal. They were even super awesome by allowing only half the table to do the tasting menu while the other half ordered a la carte...fantastic

I have determined that I may need to get a camera like Chester's that you can adjust shutter speed for low light as I was a bit embarrassed using the flash in such a nice place. But then....I will forever need to carry around a big bag for said camera....agh.

This was a fish dish of some sort...I can't remember what it was called but it was delicious. The size reminded me of a sardine, but the preparation was lmost a light fry and served in the shape of a wave.. Tiffany said it's because in Japan, they like to serve fish in a manner to show movement.
This was a tuna tartar-ish thing.... I think the dark sauce is actually squid ink but I can't be too sure. I wish I had brought a copy of the menu home with me.

Quail...soooo tender and delish. I originally mistook the quail drumstick for a meatball on a stick - lol. It was frenched so it looked more like a meatball.

This was lamb with figs... soooo lamby but sooooo delicious
Canteloupe sorbet with cucumber as the palatte cleansing course.
A steamed cocoa nib cake with chocolate and vanilla gelato.

No comments: