Friday, May 15, 2009

Baby on the outside

And why the hell is there still so much belly on the inside? This picture was taken the day we came home from the hospital, a whole 4 days after Heidi was born. It is basically the same size it was as when I went into the hospital on Friday. I know people said expect to look like you're 6 months prego but this? this is HUGE lookin...and unfortunately, unlike pregnancy where it is firm and full of baby, it's soft and squishy.

I just weighed myself today...in honor of Donut's one week birthday and well, my mom and Forrest were discussing my weight loss needs during lunch today. My mom stressed how I had to get back in shape in about 6 months otherwise it will never come off while Forrest asked if I had weighed myself yet. Meanwhile they were both guessing at what my current weight was. I am so glad to be a source of amusement for the both of them...lol.

So here's the deal -
  • Pre-pregnancy = 135 pounds (my fighting weight and a size 4 to boot!)
  • At delivery = 181 pounds (size? who knows when all I wear are PJs)
  • One week post delivery = 170 pounds (bleh...)
I had a goal of running a marathon in December as my weight loss / get back in shape plan, but we'll have to see how the healing goes because I am not sure if I can make that distance or not just yet.

No comments: