Friday, May 22, 2009

Holy Falafel

Yesterday we were down in San Jose for some appointments and had lunch at Falafel drive in. The day before there was a "Throw Down" episode on the food network featuring falafels so I suggested to Forrest that we hit up the Falafel drive in. He was down - saying that's a great idea. When I told him I had never been there, he was confused.... When we got there, realizing that it is next door to the korean restaurant that I grew up going to literally every week for just dinner or for functions (it is one of the only korean restaurants with banquet facilities) I was even more dumbfounded. My mom was confused too stating, "isn't this a burger shop? all these years, I had no idea what this place was."

We ordered 2 falafel sandwiches, 1 gyro, 1 hummus plate, 2 banana shakes and 1 pineapple shake. FREAKING Delicious - behold the mighty power of the garbanzo bean :) Definitely making a return trip the next time I am in the south bay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?????? You've never been to the falafel drive in? And...um, those falafels are huge. How did you fit in a gyro and a banana shake on top of that! Impressive!

-Hiroko

Betty said...

Dude...I had a falafel and a pineapple shake. It was Forrest, my mom and me + Donut... forrest had the gyro

I got the small falafel..I should have gotten the large falafel.