Sunday, November 06, 2005

Book Review: Citizen Girl


On my way to CT, I had a stopover in Chicago and I picked up this interesting looking book at the airport. While I was reading it, I thought it seemed strangely familiar...I figured I must have read a review on it or it was something I semi-skimmed at Barnes & Noble. Alas, I was wrong on both accounts - I double checked with Molly and realized that I had already read this book...like a few years ago. OMG - I am retarded.

But I did read the book again and realized how much I really liked it. The main character's name is Girl and her boss' name is Guy...the company's name? My Company. I really like the use of pronouns instead of actual names in the book, it gives it a little something extra that makes it more than just a fictional story but something you can relate a lot of different things to. And for anyone who's ever been young and starting out in the professional world (like me and all my friends) we've all experienced a job where we've been under-appreciated and over looked and just plain not treated well - this book is about that experience..

No comments: