Monday, November 07, 2005

Spring..I mean, Fall Cleaning

First day of my week off.
Yesterday I started knocking off stuff from my "to-do" list. The list includes simple things like "do laundry" to fun things like "massage and facial." However, I decided to tackle the task of "organize crap" which could be the mission of a lifetime if you're me and have a organizational obsession.

It got to the point of rumaging through a closet and finding super old pictures....I mean there were some pics of me in junior high. AND beat this - notes I used to pass in class..yikes.

So here are some things I learned in the process:
  • I really have been this tall for a REALLY long time
  • My love of starched button down shirts is deep rooted
  • It is not that easy to find people on Friendster(1)
  • Reading old letters is wierd (2)
  • At one point in my life, I was surrounded by asians, super FOBy asians (3)
  • My taste in clothing hasn't really changed since 1989 (4)
  • I've got a large stack of membership cards to different travel programs
I wonder what other stray boxes of old Betty material is lying around the house. It's always such a time warp to see the stuff people used to wear, see the old hairstyles...hahahaha.

(1) I found some stuff that belonged to an old BF and figured it was important enough to return and couldn't just throw it away so I spent about 2 hours connecting the dots via Friendster to send an email asking for a mailing address.

(2) Funny to know that I essentially sound the same on paper as I did when I was 14. Although my penmanship has definately improved

(3) In high school I was very into hangin out at church (namely because that's where my mother spent all her time and I wasn't allowed out of her sight) and so I spent all my time with super FOB koreans.

(4) Thankfully preppy attire never really goes out of style - although it's also never really in style either.

No comments: