Sunday, April 19, 2009

36 weeks...these are the end times


It is as if I robbed a sporting goods store and am trying to make a break for it by hiding the beach ball under my shirt. The belly really is just kind of humorous now, it's someone's idea of a joke on me - ha!

So interesting news...our baby is breech. Not just any kind of breech, but "Frank Breech" meaning the baby is butt down, with the feet and hands in front of their face...kind of like a pike position. This is a bit troubling as she has been this way the entire pregnancy - there has been no real variance in her kicking patterns which confirms to me that she has always been breech. Additionally, this means that I may have to have a c-setion :( eeek!

We'll see as this coming week I am going to try some acupuncture and next week I am going in for an "external version" when the doctors try to turn the baby...and if those two things fail, we'll have to schedule a c-section.

4 comments:

"Tae's Mom" said...

Hi Betty-
You look so wonderful! I love the nursery! When she is a little older she can point to all the colored dots and say "daats." We have circles in Tae's room and we are trying to teach him the different colors now. Btw, you're the the third breech pregnancy I know of since Nov. I have never known of one before then. Interesting.

Malibu Betty said...

thank you :) i feel like so huge it's crazy. this breech business is kinda crazy. She's been in the exact same position for every ultrasound...and we've had 4 in the second half of the pregnancy...

"Tae's Mom" said...

She's going to be an Olympic Diver!

Anonymous said...

You look great! Jake was breech and they told me 'no-way' and then discovered he flipped back as I was in for the scheduled C-section. I had the c-section anyway because I was already there and ready to go. I had two c-sections, the first was an emergency, and I will tell you that there are benefits...and I don't just mean the fact that their heads come out perfectly round ;)

- Molly's big sister