Wednesday, April 29, 2009

38 weeks.

In the final stretch now...last couple of weeks before she's supposed to arrive. This morning we went to CPMC to their Antepartum testing unit to try and turn the baby. They hook you up to some fetal monitors, do an ultrasound to check the position, give you some medication to relax the uterus...then talk you through the procedure, at which time you can choose to move forward or back out. We decided to move forward and the next step was the doc put his hands on the outside of my belly, lifted the baby's butt out of my pelvis and gwith his other hand, tried to coax the baby's head to move.

That is the key part there because our baby's head apparently does not want to move...lol. The doc commented on how her nice round head didn't want to budge.... I think that's code for "big head." It also looks like I have low amniotic fluid so they have me coming back in next week for another ultrasound to check on the fluid levels...

I ain't gonna lie, the procedure hurt and I am having some uterine cramping today (which is common) but am glad we tried this as I do want to try and avoid major surgery if at all possible. But it appears that our baby just likes where she's at so we'll just try to plan around her agenda.

5 comments:

"Tae's Mom" said...

when's your c-section scheduled for?

Betty said...

c section is currently scheduled for Monday May 11th. Although if I go into labor naturally, then I'll end up having a c section at that time.

"Tae's Mom" said...

Ohhh, she's going to be born close to your b-day. :) That is only 10 days away! But I guess I don't have to remind you. GET SLEEP and DO NOTHING from now on!!!!!!!

andrewj7 said...

loving the donut watch, do you have a donut twitter feed?

Betty said...

no twitter feed but a family blog is on it's way....

instead of censoring this blog, we are just creating another one that is G rated for the relatives