Sunday, August 09, 2009

Babies and Birthdays oh my!

Cake = 0, Annelise = 1.... that is one demolished pastry. The pictures of toddlers with their first cakes are always hilarious. Annelise was a bit more forceful than Leah was with hers. It's fun to watch the demolition of sugar by children. I LOVE the pic below...the little boy has a plate FULL of goldfish...it's as if he's got a complete balanced meal, they just all happen to be goldfish.


Saturday we headed down to the south bay to celebrate Annelise's first birthday! I swear, I don't know where the time has gone but MC and I were talking about how it literally seemed like the other day that we were bringing the new parents a meal....and here we are a year later! They grow up so fast that it makes me a little sad that when I look at Donut, I feel like I can't blink because I may miss something or she'll somehow turn into a 18 year old running out of the house to go to college. Uh - when did I become such a sap :)

Anyhoo - the birthday party was so super cute...with MC and all her party planning glory had put together a fish themed fiesta complete with many little fish shaped cakes. They were super cute and with our fussy baby...I was unable to get a slice :( Donut was fussy and just wouldn't go down for her nap. I think the excitment of the party, lots of people and the warmer than SF weather kept her up.

Afterwards, we headed over to hamoni's house and got to drop off the baby for about 5 hours while we went to watch a movie and a sushi dinner (at SUSHIMANIA!!!!!)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy bday Annelise =). My son recently celebrated his own first bday and also won the fight with the cake. There was no competition really. LOL

Betty said...

Hi Nikki!
I know a few other blasian babies too :) I love that fusion term!

Our baby is Whasian? (white and asian) or whiteorean...white + korean.

Donut is only 3 months old so we're about to have her 100 day party but I cannot WAIT for her first birthday so we can see some cake destruction.