Monday, August 31, 2009

OK I give...the iPhone is pretty rad

So I just downloaded a new app for my iPhone called RunKeeper... and yes I got the paid version which was $9.99! Expensivo compared to all the $1 apps out there but I just tried it today and must admit it was pretty bad ass. It's like the Garmin thingy but without the heart rate monitor..and really, I'm not trying to win any Olympic medals here so who really cares about what my heart rate is. I'm really just concerned about total time, pace and distance.....

So this app is F-ing rad. It uses the GPS in the phone to calculate the distance and elevation...so it can easily calculate pace based on the amount of time that has passed. And the view is pretty cool too because of the integration to Google maps...you can see where you were running and it has some mile markers so you know what's happening.

No comments: