Sunday, August 09, 2009

Pig Roast @ Carly's

Molly getting some quality Donut time.

Molly and Mike invited us to to their friends' monthly whole beast roasting bbq... So Carly and Charles are roommates and used to work with M+M in Napa. C+C now work in San Francisco at a different restaurant group but also live about 2 miles from us in the Inner Richmond. Going to a feast hosted by folks in the restaurant biz always means there will be loads of interesting things to eat and drink... and this did not disappoint...the pig was awesome.
The only part of the pig that was left... I tried a few different pig sections and they were all FABULICIOUS!!! We got the rundown and Charles said they had brined it for about 36 hours and then stuffed it with apples, sage and shallots before putting it on a spit to roast for a few hours.

Donut completely passed out in Molly's arms... like dead baby / sack of potatoes passed out. She went from hanging out to floppy passed out in a matter of minutes..it was kind of funny watching Molly trying to hold her while she was acting like a wet noodle.
Chester showed up after work on his bike.... his new leather seat and briefcasy looking thing, um, uh, makes me want to make fun of him...but uh I don't know where to start. Chester my friend, you have become that guy...that shit guy.

8 comments:

Chester said...

To me, if one is a "shit guy" in the cycling sense, then one is riding a $$$$ carbon race bike, $$$ Assos/Rapha kit, and spends a lot of time showing off both by taking extra-long coffee stops in Marin.

Betty said...

Chester, you are the new hipster shitguy with retro gear and acting like you don't care, but you do...all the while stopping at hot dog stands. It's really just a parallel

Chester said...

"Hipster" and "shit guy," really, are quite mutually exclusive. But my bike belongs to neither genus. Still, I care...I care very much about my bike. Exceedingly so.

Molly said...

I look old like someone's grandmother in that picture, but I love it!

Betty said...

Chester - I think they are not mutually exclusive, but more parallels...there can be a "shit guy" rating for every category.

Molly - you are nuts...you look like the perfect emo.

Chester said...

If there is a "shit guy" for the retro/randonneur category, then that guy is riding something like a Rivendell that is loaded with stuff like bags from Carradice or Berthoud or Brooks.

Which is to say, a bunch of companies that you've never heard of.

A "shit guy" aims to impress a general audience, not aficionados. And, frankly, there is nothing impressive about my bike.

I dunno...ask Craig. He's the one who came up with that term (which is something that doesn't make a lot of sense to me). When he uses it, he's referring to guys who drive Lamborghinis, wear Ed Hardy bullshit, and leave their giant Gucci sunglasses on at night.

I've always understood "shit guy" to refer to a fairly specific sort of flashy stereotype...the sort of stereotype now often referred to as "douchebag."

I do not have a douchebag's bike.

Molly said...

Donut is rad.

Malibu Betty said...

chester i don't even know what you are talking about anymore...hahahaha