Sunday, August 16, 2009

100 days and counting

Has it really only been 100 days? It simultaneously seems like it has been forever and just yesterday that Donut arrived on the scene. Now 100 days have passed and I am getting ready to go back to work in a couple of weeks (ACK!). Major milestones have passed like her first smile, she sleeps through the night, I'm 6 pounds away from pre-baby weight and Forrest and I are surviving nicely and talking about more kids. I know we're crazy, but I think we just think they will all be as easy as Donut so why the hell not?

So much planning occured for the festivities...we booked Seoul Garden in Japantown for lunch on Saturday and had a coursed meal that included..
- Filled Pancakes (fish, meat, veggies)
- Dumplings
- Dumpling Soup
- Broiled Prawns
- Korean BBQ Chicken and Beef
- Stewed Sea Bass (spicy as shiz!!!)
- Jap Chae (stir fried yam noodles with meat and veggies)
- Red Bean Ice Cream

And of course it included the obligatory rice and pan chan to help it all go down :)

Below Donut is in her traditional Korean outfit called a hanbok to celebrate the 100 days... I lie. She wore it the day after for a photo op...the day of she was a mess and cried for the first half of her party then proceeded to sleep for the remainder of her party.

She looks like a little mafia don holding out her hand to say "pay some respect and kiss the ring."

3 comments:

Min Jung said...

Super cute! Where do you go to get the gold ring for her?

Malibu Betty said...

My mom picked up the ring somewhere in the south bay...I am guessing anywhere along El Camino would be a good bet.

But the Little Seouls website sell them online too I think. It's an adjustable gold ring..hilarious.
http://www.littleseouls.com/

Malibu Betty said...

when you get to the website, I think it is the Dol ring...