Friday, February 11, 2005

Wanting to say a racist war reference...

But I will refrain, since I don't want to offend

But I have to be honest...For some reason, I find this f-ing hilarious

  • Maybe it's the combo chinese and korean food? No, no...that's not it. I can get that kind of combo at home, or anywhere in California.
  • Maybe it's because this picture was taken in East Lansing, MI by Michigan State University? Hmmmm...possibily. But once again having "Charlie Kang's" in a white bread middle america town stirs war references that some may find insulting...but I find funny.
  • Maybe it's because I wonder if Charlie Kang is a long lost uncle of mine? Possibly, because all of us asians are related you know.

It reminds me of a story my friend Vinny once told me:
Vinny: I met this vietnamese guy once whose first name was Charlie and I said "Nice to meet you Charlie...you know we spent an entire war looking for you? And here you are."

No comments: