Saturday, August 27, 2005

Book Review: Dress Your Family in Courduroy and Denim

Just finished my first David Sedaris book, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Demin this morning while eating breakfast. I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed his writing style....he's funny, a bit dar and dry with his humor... I also really enjoy reading about his family story from his point of view which seems somewhat exaggerated for effect but entertaining. It would be interesting also, if we could read stories about the same experiences from his siblings' respective points of view...since it appears that each one of them is sooo different. A reflection or two from Hugh's point of view could be interesting as well. That's all besides the point, my final answer is yes I enjoyed this book and have put all other Sedaris books on my Amazon wishlist...right next to my Kanye West CD's.

No comments: