Friday, August 12, 2005

My Friend's Mom


In September I'm on my way to help a friend to raise money for her mother's foundation. Caroline's mother passed away a few years ago abruptly from Ovarian Cancer and it's a cancer that is difficult to diagnose and is more often than not, terminal. I never met her mother, and only met Caroline when she moved out to CA for a brief time through work. However I can only imagine what a wonderful, warm and loving person she must have been because I've heard from so many people in Caroline's family how Caroline resembles her mother on many levels...and I know how great I think she is.

There is an annual memorial golf tournament in Mass...for more information visit the website so you can attend and play golf with me. Or to help in the cause of raising awareness about Ovarian Cancer, funding education and research please also visit the Judit Rose Shea Foundation or OCEAN at Mass General Hospital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so touched by your sweet words Betty! Thanks for those nice comments.
My mom was pretty amazing and I do miss her so much ever day. It does suck to have lost her but every day we are moving towards good things with Ovarian Cancer - she would be proud.
We are doing some pretty amazing things here in Boston and across the nation in regards to research.
What I can say for any women who reads this is that you need to be your on advocate - unlike Breast Cancer there is no self examiniation. Please, please be assertive when you go to the doctors - we are all mothers, sisters, wives girlfriends and friends. If you want to know what you should ask please email me: caroline@judithroseshea.org.
Thanks again Betty!