Monday, May 16, 2005

Bay to Breakers

A single runner in a mere pool of 75,000 people.

Sunday morning, Forrest, his dad and I ran the Bay to Breakers. It was my first time running Bay to Breakers and my first time running for that long (time AND distance!) it helps when you have a super cute running coach. I am sooooooooooo proud of myself for doing it...and even being able to do it. WOW the things the human body is capable of doing with enough preparation - all things can change. So the final outcome is 7.5 miles in 85 minutes (this does not count the 20 minutes it took to get to the starting line from 2 blocks back)...not too shabby about 11.33 minutes/mile. I ran the entire time, even up the Hayes Street Hill which wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be....and today, I am a little sore but nothing too major..it's just my hip flexor that's tight.

Next up? Maybe the Nike Women's 1/2 marathon in October...and definately the SF Marthon/Half Marathon's 5K fun run in July (I am going to try and run faster).

When the Sportphoto pages are all up - I will post the action shots taken of us by the Bay to Breakers people...because you HAVE to see the cute new outfit that I bought to wear for the race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Girl! I can see your coach taking you places!