Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Dinner in Napa


Saturday night, Forrest took me to dinner at Angele in downtown Napa. The restaurant sat on the edge of the Napa river and being a nice day up in Napa we sat outside....am I getting cheesy? yes I quite possibly am...but had to share about the super fun dinner

I mowed:
“Salade de Betteraves” Red Beet Salad with a Truffle Vinaigrette and Blue Cheese, My entree was the special...a set of pan roasted soft shell crabs (yummy yum yum) and Dessert was the blueberry sorbet - it was like 2 heaping scoops too..yowza

Forrest mowed:
“Foie Gras” Torchon of Foie Gras, Pistachios, Rhubarb Compote with House Made-Brioche, “Poulet Provençal” Chicken with Baby Artichokes, Potatoes, Olives, Confit Tomatoes and Dessert was a vanilla Pot de Creme (super light and yummy)

This was one of those multi hour dinners that spanned through an entire bottle of wine. Definately a place worth a repeat visit.

No comments: